Picture

Picture

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hero Arts Challenge

I saw an August contest on the Hero Arts blog here and since they have shapes in the Silhouette store, I thought I might give it a try. Here are the rules:
August Challenge: Create a NEW stamped card, scrapbook page, or other project based on any of the following…
Cards for Kids - Any card you create for a child!
Creatures - Butterflies, owls, foxes, deer…you name it! All creatures great and small.
Making a Scene - Be sure to check out Shari Carroll’s August technique article for one idea!
Please use at least one Hero Arts stamp or Hero Arts digital element on each of your projects.

I decided to make a birthday card for Archie, he just turned two a couple of weeks ago and we are all getting together with them tomorrow. I chose the card, sunburst, maple leaf and rocket Silhouette shapes.



I turned the card, put the text on it and printed it. Then I cut out the card. I made the starburst a little larger than the cutout on the card, cut it out and glued it on. Then I offset the rocket and cut that out of red. I cut the rocket itself out of this cool mirror paper I have and then used crimped white cardstock for the accents on the wings and face. I also cut out a small maple leaf. I used my irock heat setter to set the black rhinestones. I used pop dots to lift the rocket off the page. The 2 is a Thicker. I really love how it turned out. My lesson learned: it is extremely difficult to take a picture of shiny metal paper. Almost all the pictures reflected something in the shiny paper and not the paper itself. I finally got one that (almost) worked by setting the card on an angle on a stand in the sunshine.



No comments: