Picture

Picture

Saturday, December 3, 2011

I May Have Lost My Mind, Day 2

So far so good, 2 down, 10 to go. Day 2 at the Bugaboo Stamps 12 days of Christmas challenge is love. Background paper from The Stack 5. I cut it out using my Silhouette and ran it through the printer for the sentiment. I colored my image using my Zig markers, glitter pens, and used diamond Sparkles on the snow. I used my chalks to add the glow around the star and to add the blue to the sky. Used a Silhouette frame for my image.
My lessons learned: that my chalk applicator can smear the printer ink if I press too hard. I thought I had heat set my printer ink but either that doesn't work or I forgot. And since I may have lost my mind, I'm going to go with forgot. I love the way the frame makes the image look like a family photo. I was very tempted to leave the image uncolored (like a black and white photo) it really stood out nicely but the husband said it need some color ~ which of course means glitter ;o)
I would also like to share my card at:
Creative Craft Challenges free for all, closes Dec. 7th,
Delightful Challenges let it snow, closes Dec. 7th,
Simon Says anything goes, closes Dec. 7th,
Card Makin Mamas sentiments, closes Dec. 8th,
Meljen's Designs holiday song, closes Dec. 8th,
Sweet Stampin' snow, closes Dec. 9th,
Designed 2 Delight snow, closes Dec. 10th,
Divas by Design anything goes, closes Dec. 14th.


10 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab creation, love the cute image!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Wendy said...

So cute, gorgeous card...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
Wendy x

Christine said...

Another fantastic card!! I really love those stamps. The stickles are a great touch too and the card shape is perfect for this fun card!!
Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Natali said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Lovely image.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Snow” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

Jacq said...

Hi Barb,
Oh this is Absolutely Adorable!!! Love the Adorable image, the dps, the colour scheme is gorgeous too. Love the layout . Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Min said...

Very cute!!! We're so happy you joined us for theCatch The Bug "12 Days of Christmas Day 2" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Cheryl said...

Your card is adorable! Thank you for joining our “Inspired by a HOLIDAY Song!”challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

~Cheryl~
** Check out my blog candy **

Lisa Jane said...

oh what cute little penguins
Thanks for joining us at Diva's by Design this fortnight
Lisa x

Wishcraft said...

Fab card, love the cute image. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Lisa x

An Occasional Genius said...

So cute hon! I love how you've framed it too. Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x