Picture

Picture

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's Official, I Have Completely Lost My Mind, Day 12

I DID IT! All 12 days! Day 12 at Bugaboo Stamps 12 days of Christmas challenge was to use a Christmas song as an inspiration. Think, think, think, which one will I chose? Oh, right.
I chose an image that represents the "true" meaning of Christmas for me and my faith. I embossed the white background cardstock. I added a cloud image from Silhouette around my stamp and then printed and cut. I did the same for the sentiment. For the 2 little clouds I offset the images, cut the offsets out, then printed the smaller images onto them using my printer. I edged the edges of all of my clouds with Tim Holtz distress ink in broken china. That worked really well. Used pop dots on the sentiment and little clouds. I wanted to keep this as clean and white as possible. And I like the way it turned out. Actually I wanted to ring it in Christmas lights and find the flashiest gold sparkle paper and a neon sign with an arrow saying "I did it!", but I went with clean and white ;o)
My lessons learned: for whatever reason I have to cut out my image using my Silhouette and then run it through the printer to print on it. I can not print then cut, it doesn't work. Don't know why but it doesn't.
And now for the Big Reveal (and the reason I had to crop all of my pictures so closely)...
I made a mini album ~ well 2 actually. I put the first 6 days in/on one album and the last 6 days in/on the other. Now you know why I had to have so many common elements and so little dimension. My lessons learned: I wish I had not chosen a theme because I bought stamps to match my theme, not necessarily because they were my favorites. I was also limited by size. My album squares are 4" x 4". I really could have used the extra inches that a regular card would have given. And I did miss adding dimension. And the time of year...don't even get me started. But my friend Vicky said, "being creative is never a waste of time". I like that. I LOVED the challenge of having to come up with a new idea/technique everyday for 12 days. And what I loved most of all was that I think I did. It felt really good. I felt really creative. But now I'm putting away my scrapping supplies (we'll need the dining room table) and getting to work on the 2 big days coming up. My Abby turns 2 on Dec. 23rd and Jesus turns 2011ish on Dec. 25th. A BIG, BIG thank-you to my followers for indulging in this splurge of creativity with me!!! Merry Christmas to you all!
 
 
  


No comments: