Picture

Picture

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Last One

This is my last challenge as Guest Designer at Digital Tuesday Challenge. I enjoyed visiting the Design Team blogs and getting to know them. I learned a lot about what goes into putting on a weekly challenge blog from Lora (the challenge blog owner). There is a lot of coordination that goes into every week, from themes to sponsor images to posting links to the DT's creations each week. And throw some real life into the mix and it makes for a very busy job. Thank-you Lora for this opportunity. I also enjoyed visiting the entries each week and checking out the other crafty ladies in blogland. There is a lot of inspiration to be had out there. Alright enough with the mushy stuff.
The theme this week is Easter and the sponsor is My Grafico. These are some of the sweetest Easter images I have seen and they have so much versatility. I enlarged the striped egg image to 4" high and 3.65" wide in my Silhouette program and printed it onto light purple cardstock. I cut it out by hand. I used MME Lime Twist twine in "Happy", "Hello", and "Together". Or purple, pink and mint green for normal people. I alternated them between the stripes on my egg and adhered them using my Zig glue pen. Then I used the print and cut feature on the Silhouette for my little girl bunny image. She is colored with glitter gel pens and lifted off of the egg using pop dots. I used a Silhouette image to make the Easter basket pockets. I printed and cut out the tulips using my Silhouette too. They are colored with Prismacolor pencil crayons. I used purple Easter 'grass' to stuff the basket and put my twine egg into it. We are making these for the girls Sunday School Teachers for Easter, we just added the sentiment to the back.
Here's the whole batch...the girls colored the rest of the eggs!
I would like to share them at:
Love to create Easter challenge, closes Apr. 9,
Kaboodle Doodles anything but a rectangle, closes Apr. 9,
Incy Wincy Designs Easter, closes Apr. 9,
Crafty Sentiments bunnies, closes Apr. 9,
Top Tip Tuesday Easter and or animals, closes Apr. 9

12 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

What a cute idea and creation! Great way to use the digis! I love it! It's been great having you as a Guest Designer!

Suzie's Card Den said...

What a super basket card, I love that bunny.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

What colorful Easter baskets with such wonderful sets of tulips adorning it’s front. And creative use of twine on your Easter eggs. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Anything but a Rectangle” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

nancyparker55 said...

What a lovely gift you've made. Love how you did the Easter Eggs. Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles.

Jackie Randolph said...

Such a great Easter gift, love all the little baskets with your cute images and colors. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Love to Create!

Crafty and Green said...

What Sweet Baskets! Thank you so much for joining us at Love to Create Challenge This Week!!

Many Wonderful Easter Blessings,
Tina

Heather said...

Such an amazing project, love the baskets, thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments :)

Maria Matter said...

this is beyond cute Barb! love the way you used the twine with this overly adorable bunny!
Beautiful baskets hun, you did an amazing job!
hugs & blessings!

Unknown said...

This is so cute and love the colours and sweet bunny. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments. Good luck xx

Anonymous said...

Love these little baskets so cute! and thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

and its great to see you joining us on the Incy Wincy challenge too! hugs me xx

Sue Nicholson said...

Wow so lovely work, thanks for visiting my blog. Looking forward to working with you as a DT Teamie. Cheers Sue N x

Cheryl said...

These are SO CUTE! I love how you used the twine on the Easter Egg.