Picture

Picture

Sunday, October 7, 2012

98 Years Young

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! May your weekend be filled with family, good food and giving thanks!
My Grandma is turning 98 this week. And she still lives in her own apartment. She also does the 'Senior's' visiting for the Church. She is also a breast cancer survivor. I think it's pretty appropriate that October is her birthday and also breast cancer awareness month. She thinks I am perfect, which is fitting because I think she is perfect.
I used a cut file that I won from craftsUprint for the card base. I used my Silhouette to cut it out. I ran my card through the printer to add the sentiment. The butterfly is a Silhouette file that I cut out of purple vellum. Added some small black Glamrocks to the butterfly with my iRock heat setter and made the butterfly trail the same way.

This is Grandma with my girls just this past September. She bought the party hats and chocolate coins for Kaylee's pirate birthday party. I can't tell you how much it means to me that the girls have had the chance to get to know her. She is such a special member of our family and my Kaylee is named after her (as are several other of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren)!
I would like to share my card at:
Word Art Wednesday love, closes October 10,
The Play Date Cafe color challenge, closes October 11,
CAS-ual Fridays for the girls, celebrate someone special, closes October 12

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Such a wonderful card for your grandmother! 98 is amazing! My nana is 93! Love the picture of her with your girls! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

~amy~ said...

98? That's AWESOME!!!!!

What a fab pic...I love your card...Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Karen Letchworth said...

Your card is very pretty, Barb. I like the sentiment and the colors you chose. Thanks so much for sharing this with us in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. It's always SUCH a blessing when you are able to play along and share your beautiful art with us!
Have a great week.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Deb said...

Barb, I love the photo of you grandma with her great granchildren. So very special. And you created a gorgeous card to celebrate her. So glad you could play along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Happy birthday to your grandmother. The picture with your girls is great. You made such a beautiful card for her--the negative die cut is stunning. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!