Picture

Picture

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Trending Right Now

So I don't Tweet, I'm not a Twitter follower, but our weekly challenge this week at The Digital Tuesday Challenge is to use a paper crafting trend. I have chosen to use an action wobble. Be sure to check out my teamies for their inspiration on what is trending right now :o) The sponsor this week is Oak Pond Creations and remember to use something digital.
I made a small box from Kraft paper using a Silhouette cut file. I then put some Easter grass in the bottom and some mini eggs in too. The bunny image is from My Grafico. I used the print and cut feature in my Silhouette to print and cut out the bunny and an enlarged version of the bunny's head as well. I also cut the ears and whiskers off the bottom bunny. Then colored her using some gel markers and used purple Stickles on her flower and some Diamond Stickles on her tail.
I started to sew my dp to my cardstock when my bobbin ran out. Since the machine is new to me I knew I'd need to ask my Mom about winding a new bobbin. So I just picked out what was there and continued on without thread for the paper piercing. Then I diagonally tied some green ribbon over the corners of my box.
When I went to add the wobble to both the face of my bunny and the back of the larger head, I realized it was way too high of a spring, especially for a box which would lay flat, you would see the spring. I took apart another one I had and used wire cutters to shorten the spring. Put it back together and then reattached the spring to the bunnies.
Hope you all had a blessed Easter!
 



I'd like to share at:
Creative Creations Easter creations, closes April 15,
Cameo Creations Easter project, closes April 25

6 comments:

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely idea, smashing work cheers Sue N x

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is so cute and creative! I love it!

Mrs A. said...

Sweet bunny on your box and a good idea (if somewhat fiddly) to cut the spring down. Looking forward to the new challenge starting up.
Hugs Mrs A.
p.s. Your daughter Kaylee has the most expressive eyes.Beautiful.
p.p.s Tell me about the Dandelions! The bane of my life too.

Flutterby Trina said...

too cute! Thanks for joining us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'easter/spring' challenge - remember you can enter up to three times! Good Luck and hope to see you again soon :) x

Unknown said...

Lovely way to send a treat. Thanks for joining us at creative creations challenges this week. Anita. X

GabyCreates.com said...

This treat box is just adorable!
TFS and entering over at http://cameocreationschallenge.blogspot.com/
Gaby DT